The TronWallet mobile app
TronWallet is a mobile decentralized application available for Android that runs on Tron’s blockchain.
This app is a TRX digital wallet, developed and backed by the Tron Society, that has been breaking new ground since it was launched last year.
When it first came online, the wallet’s main developer (Marius Gill) won the programming contest for the Android version. The company has yet to go ahead to develop and deploy the iOS version.
Then, after Tronscan released the Tron-based decentralized exchange, that feature was also included in TronWallet, and thus it became the first mobile TRX wallet with a DEX function.
The developing team is very active and constantly updating and upgrading the app, and they released a new version a couple of days ago. The new feature is support for TRC20 tokens.
TRC20 tokens are new cryptocurrencies issued on Tron’s network. Tron’s technology offers two ways to issue tokens (TRC10 and TRC20). TRC20 is the most sophisticated version, and a host of new coins have been appearing lately in the network to take advantage of the technology in specific use cases.
– Tron Wallet v126.96.36.199 –
We've released a new version of our Tron Wallet!
– TRC-20 support
– Proposal #16 integration, you can choose now the receiver of the frozen bandwidth and energy
— Tron Society (@TronSociety) February 12, 2019
The Android version is 7.3M in size, it’s compatible with Android 5.0 and up, it has more than ten thousand users already and it’s already popular among TRX (and other Tron-related) tokens. It has 528 reviews at Google’s play store and it boasts 4.5 stars.
Among the dApp’s features are:
- The ability to create wallets of three different kinds: hot, cold or watcher. Each one offers varying degrees of security (while they are all safe).
- Holding 100 currencies besides the new TRC20 tokens. That obviously includes TRX.
- Your balance is displayed as the app’s start screen if your wallet has already been created.
- You can send TRX, receive, freeze some of your TRX tokens, or consult your transactions history. You can also trade token pairs.
- Decentralized Exchange. Including a DEX in the wallet was one of its most innovative features when it was released, and it’s still there. That app sector allows you to trade in different Tron-based tokens.
- Biometric authentication.
- Vote for a Super Representative. This is probably the most distinctive feature in the Tron community. As you probably know, you can only vote for Super Representatives if you own some power (which is token for internal use within the Tron blockchain) and you freeze some of your tokens for 72 hours. Normally you need to do this at Tronscan, but the wallet allows you to do it from your mobile.
- Block Explorer. You can consult Tron’s blockchain’s history in full detail block by block if that’s your cup of tea.
If you’re interested in this app you can find it at Google’s Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eletac.tronwallet) and install it on your mobile. It’s one of the most complete apps when it comes to managing your TRX resources and accounts in Tron.
Just a friendly reminder before we finish this post. Having your digital assets available at the tip of your finger in a mobile app is always convenient and there are many good mobile wallets that are quite safe. But the best way to go is always going to be to sacrifice a little usability or convenience, so if you’re about to adopt mobile wallets, we suggest for you to be extra cautious.
Image courtesy of Pixabay.
Disclaimer: The presented information is subjected to market condition and may include the very own opinion of the author. Please do your ‘very own’ market research before making any investment in cryptocurrencies. Neither the writer nor the publication (TronWeekly.com) holds any responsibility for your financial loss.