Thorstarter, the decentralized blockchain-based launchpad platform for cryptocurrency projects, funds and launches its first initial decentralized exchange offering (IDO) for Skyrim Finance, the first multichain decentralized marketplace that blends both leveraged and fixed-rate APY.
Skyrim Finance is introducing structured products to DeFi, applying the popular-as-of-late instruments to a market with investors eager to earn higher yields. Generally, within DeFi, there are two types of yield farming investors on the market at the moment—investors who want low risk with a fixed APY and those who are seeking high leverage for higher yields in leveraged APY. Skyrim Finance is looking to build a product that blends these two types of investor camps together, helping investors of different profiles have risk-adjusted returns.
The goal is to also build a robo-advisor that can devise the right kind of risk-adjusted return, customized for each investor. As part of Skyrim Finance’s fundraising endeavors—including the $2.1 million raised round in May—Thorstarter is launching an IDO for the company.
Thorstarter’s launchpad offers users a dual opportunity to take part in democratized governance through (a) the ability to vote on projects launching and project dividends and (b) a retail token purchase that gives them the ability to buy into launching project’s IDO.
Projects on Thorstarter will be afforded several critical resources for launch:
- A Thorstarter liquidity grant: Seeded in XRUNE-TOKEN liquidity pools to ensure deep liquidity from the commencement of the project.
- Community marketing assistance: Ensure a well-publicized, oversubscribed sale.
- Access to multi-chain liquidity: Getting projects that are launching near-instant liquidity by pairing it with the XRUNE token—the official platform token of the THOR multi-chain ecosystem.
- Cross-chain reach: Projects can gain wider access to investors and participants across Thor’s multichain network via the liquidity pools provided to them initially.
- Bigger coin swaps: With THORChain’s multi-chain network, projects can get easy access to swap pools that include much more established coins like Bitcoin or Ether.
- Thorstarter aims to create an entirely democratized financial network with the capabilities of a venture capital firm in a decentralized fashion. Simultaneously, the launchpad platform will expand on the existing THORChain ecosystem and offer an alternative avenue for cryptocurrency projects to lift off and attain the necessary liquidity, without being charged any commissions or entry fees to do so.
“We are thrilled to be able to help the Skyrim Finance team access deep liquidity through Thorstarter’s IDO platform,” says compound22, co-founder of Thorstarter. “We firmly believe that the THORChain ecosystem will be a perfect complement for investors on Skyrim Finance who are seeking a stronger, more diversified APY when investing in a multi-chain world.”
“Skyrim Finance is the first multichain decentralized structured finance marketplace, with the aim of building the robo-advisor of DeFi ecosystem,” says SkyrimFinance. “The objective of Skyrim Finance is to help investors of different profiles have risk-adjusted return through fixed-rate and leveraged-yield DeFi products.”
Thorstarter is expected to launch its next project BNPL in mid-September.