Tron’s marketing tactics have been rather controversial in the crypto verse. Justin Sun, the project’s CEO and founder, had a successful track record as an entrepreneur and marketing expert in China, where he founded the most successful messaging app around. He brought all that expertise into the cryptosphere when he got involved with it, first as Ripple’s representative in China, and then as he started the Tron Foundation.
Tron and Mr. Sun put a lot of emphasis and energy in marketing, of course. And that effort has been very misunderstood by a very conservative sector in crypto that believes that all that marketing is meant to hide the fact that Tron’s blockchain, cryptocurrency, and technologies are either defective, useless or unnecessary.
Having a great product is utterly useless if nobody knows it exists. That’s why God created marketing. In fact, you could find many instances of bad products that thrived just because they had some very smart and effective marketing.
But that’s not Tron’s case at all.
Vitalk Buterin mocked the projected specifications announced by Mr. Sun for Tron’s new Main Net last year. It turned out that Tron’s new technology was every bit as good as anticipated, and it’s quickly becoming the dominant platform for decentralized applications in the world. It’s deployed more than 200 already.
Another thing that must be said about marketing is that there’s good marketing (the kind that works) and bad marketing (the kind that doesn’t). And let’s face it, Mr. Sun is quite adept in knowing the difference and designing and deploying marketing strategies and tactics that work very well. Some people like them and some people hate them, but the one undeniable fact is that Tron’s marketing is exceedingly effective.
Why do we think that Tron’s marketing works? Because the results are there. Let’s review some of them.
- Media presence: Tron is one of the most covered projects in all the crypto media. It’s managed to catch the imagination of many crypto aficionados in a very short period of time.
- User base: At its current rate of growth, Tron’s Main Net will be the world’s most widely used protocol before the year ends.
- Market capitalization: In barely a year, Tron went all the way to 9th place regarding market capitalization.
- Tron-based tokens: Tron offers two different technologies (TRC10 and TRC20), so any user can use Tronscan.io to create a TRX-based new cryptocurrency. And they are multiplying like rabbits.
- Decentralized applications: Tron’s independent Main Net left Ethereum behind only last May. Which means that developers haven’t had a lot of time to develop applications to deploy in Tron. In fewer than seven months there are already 200+ decentralized applications running on the network, and it’s already the crypto network that’s transacting the most in the world.
These are amazing achievements for a project that’s so young. And they have happened because of three reasons. The first reason is that Tron’s technology is really good and innovative. It’s a good product.
The second reason is that the leadership is very competent and we don’t mean Mr. Sun only. Every milestone announced has been delivered in a timely manner, and it’s surpassed expectations. And the third and final reason is that Tron’s marketing is very good.
Image courtesy of PixaBay.